HANDGUN-CAM is a particular camera, specifically designed for police enforcement and special corps. It is suited for any 9mm handgun or rifle, and can be fitted under the barrel, immediately revealing its surprising features, which make it suitable for usage in high-risk and high-stress police operations.
The core of this system is a special digital VGA camera, capable of taking pictures, recording audio and video, up to 60 minutes of duration in JPEG/MPEG4 formats. It has a very flexible configuration, as it can start operating from the moment the gun is taken out of its holster. This device also features a specific illuminator as well as a laser pointer to provide recording guidance with speed and precision.
Its small size makes it suitable for gathering visual evidence of crime. In some circumstances, the capability of taping the entire action while in the middle of it, can make a difference allowing the agent to operate in optimal conditions, minimizing errors.
- Ease of usage and configuration
- Quick start (turns on as soon as weapon is taken out of holster)
- Extremely discreet thanks to its encrypted software and password protection
- Can be connected with external video systems to allow remote monitoring of operations
- USB connection to PC for data transmission
- Pointing operations facilitated by illuminator and laser pointer
- Allows evidence gathering for controversial cases
- Helps decision-making in stressful conditions, and provides higher security and credibility
- Advantage in terms of security and credibility
- Photo camera: good level digital 3.2 megapixel camera
- Memory: 512 MB
- Video format: compressed MPEG4, high quality video
- Audio quality: 30 frames per second
- Recording time: up to 60 minutes
- Software: encrypted, highly flexible configuration modes, password protected
- Pointing/lighting system: tactical laser pointer, self-operated LED illuminator
*Beware: this device can only be sold to police enforcement agencies. Gun not included.