IR-CAM is a digital camera amended by our experts, which allows you to see the writing of special pens containing an invisible ink. Pens are included with the camera.
Technical Details of camera
- Storage:30 GB hard drive that stores over 20 hours of long-play video or over 7 hours of high-quality video.
- Microphone: built-in microphone for Dolby Digital 5.1 channel surround sound recording.
- Sensor and lenses : 3.3 megapixel 1/3-inch advanced HAD CCD and Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lenses.
- Exposure: Several automatic exposure modes for video capture in total darkness.
- Dimensions: 3.16 x 2.87 x 5.86 inches.
- Weight: 685 g (including battery).
- Flash unit mount: Yes
- Optical zoom: 10 x
- Digital zoom: 120 x
- Minimum illumination: 5 lux
- Lens aperture: f1.8 – 2.9
- Image stabilization: electronics
- Still image format: JPEG
Infrared Fluorescent Inks
These inks are completely invisible to the human eye yet can be seen by using special devices which can see in the infrared range, such as our modified camera. These inks do not fluoresce in the visible range, cannot be seen with ultraviolet lights and cannot be seen by the human eye alone. The human eye can see from about 400nm (violet) to about 700nm (red). The human eye cannot see below 400nm or above 700nm. Below 400nm is the ultraviolet range and above 700nm is the infrared range.
The nm stands for nanometer. One nanometer is a billionth of a meter. The measurement is for one full light wave length.
The ink does degrade under the ultraviolet rays of the sun in about 1 week. If the object marked is kept covered or away from the sun, the ink last a much longer time.
IR Ink Properties
- Ink color: Invisible on white paper. Faint green on pen tip.
- Stimulation (absorption) frequency: 793 nm
- Emission frequency: 840 nm
- Ink solvent: Alcohol
- Marking items or bags or money.
- A security monitor can view marked items on a separate monitor discretely and securely.
- Writing and marking papers, maps, special correspondence and letters.
- Some customers have utilized these filters to achieve glasses for reading invisible ink.
The package includes:
- Power adapter/in-camera charger (ACL200)
- Info Lithium rechargeable battery (NPFP60)
- Remote commander remote control (RMT-835)
- AV cable (stereo)
- USB cable
- Image Mixer software
- 1 pen with invisible ink