Our product range is specifically designed to wear as undergarments.
The products are designed and tested by stuntmen / extreme sports athletes, stage and screen combatants, actors and more...
The fabric that carries the padding, is a lycra based stretchable fabric that comes in black with either grey or orange stitching (Skin colour fabric will be a future option as a specific feature to serve the stunt industry).
Most padded areas are covered with an abrasion resistant cordura with Teflon finish for extensive usage.
The products with rubber shock are designed to protect the bony and rigid parts of the body. Because the padding is flexible, it does not perform in the same way on "soft" parts of the body as rigid protection does.
For the stunt business and most sports or professional applications this is a very important aspect of protection!
Rigid shell protectors do not give a person the desirable freedom of movement, even worse, these products are not worn as comfortable undergarments, just protection!
Our products offer the highest level of protection whilst offering freedom of movement and flexibility. Because the products are designed to wear as a second skin (undergarment), they need to be thin (max. 9 mm), comfortable and worn close to the body. The best part of d3o is, the harder you hit the padding, the better it works!
The padding material is flexible, breathable, re-usable and washable (up to 40°). The pads are made of a revolutionary material called d3o (dee-three-oh) which is made of "Intelligent Molecules" that flow with you as you move but on shock/impact lock together (in a fraction of a second) to absorb the impact.
Rubber shock compared to conventional foam padding
Rubber bumpers is known for its shock absorption. If you look at the diagram you can see that rubber shock outnumbers foam padding more than 4.5 times using half the thickness.
Current product range
At the moment you can order the following products from our product range.
- Elbow / fore-arm protectors
- Knee / shin protectors
- Elbow protectors
- Knee protectors
- Protective jacket (long sleeves) with removable backpad
- Protective jacket (short sleeve) with removable backpad
- Protective shorts [lite version]
Rubber shock padding certification
There are a number of rubber shock components, which meet the CE standards. These are mainly used in the Motorcycling industry and meet a number of requirements, as determined by the EU directive. The latter is measured by peak force transmitted through a component, when 1m area is met with a 5kg mass dropped onto it. The range of d3o limb protectors is EN1621-1 CE certified.
Buffer product specs list
The products from the Buffer stuntpadding range have the following specifications;
- Padding thickness: Between 7mm and 11 mm
- Rubber shock is completely flexible, waterproof and non-toxic
- a number of d3o padding is CE certified EN1621-1 and EN1621-2
- Used fabrics are stretchable and comfortable to wear
- Both fabrics and padding are breathable
- Products come in black
- Fabric and padding are washable (tested up to 50 times at 40°)
- Products come in sizes s, m, l, xl
- Target group users: stuntmen/women, extreme sports athletes, free runners, actors, stage and screen combatants, martial artists and many more applications
- Fabric types: stretch Sensitive lycra, abrasion resistant cordura with teflon finish
Buffer sizing chart
Below you'll find the sizing chart for our Buffer products.
Bicep circumference should be measured just above the bicep, Leg circumference should be measured up to the groin, Ankle circumference should be measured just above the ankle bone.